Common Questions

From how to reset your password to options for changing your course, we’ve complied some of the top questions students have been asking during January.

Q: I can’t log in to StudyNet, how do I reset my password?
A: You can change or recover your University password online at  For more information about your University login go to

Q: How do I get set up on eduroam WiFi?
A: eduroam WiFi is the best choice for students and saves you time by logging in automatically whenever you are on campus.  Go to on each device (eg. phone, laptop, tablet) when you are next on campus and follow the instructions.  It should only take a couple of minutes to complete the procedure for each device.  Once set up, your device will also automatically connect to eduroam at other participating institutions.  For more information visit 

Q: My modules are not showing in StudyNet?
A: If you need help viewing your modules in StudyNet, contact your School Administration Office with your full name and student number.  Find out more about what the team do and how to contact them at

Q: My Timetable / Exam timetable is not showing?
A: If your timetable is not showing the modules you are registered on correctly, please contact your School Administration Office.  For more answers to your timetable Qs see our FAQs at

Q: I have done my Stage 1 registration, when can I do Stage 2?
A: Stage 2 of registration for courses starting in Jan 20 is taking place in the Student Centre.  You will have been asked to book a registration session through Ask Herts when you completed Stage 1.  If you haven’t booked a session yet, log in to the Booking Portal here.

Q: How do I get my council tax exemption certificate?
A: Log in to your Student Record and the option to apply for an exemption certificate should be on the first page.  If you can’t see it there, then check in the updates section (which can be found on the right side of the screen).

Q: Can I transfer to a new course?
A: You will need to get academic approval from your current course as well as academic approval that you are suitable for your desired course. If you are an International student studying with us, then you will also need to get approval from the Tier 4 compliance team. Transferring from one course to another might impact your eligibility for a Graduate Visa, so make sure that you have considered your decision carefully!

Got a question that we haven’t answered above? Head over to where you will find answers to many different questions about life at Herts!


Popular Posts