Unwind: the perfect pamper evening
If you’re feeling stressed, the perfect way to relax is to have a spa day! Even though we can’t go and visit a physical spa, we can always have a spa evening at home and take some time for ourselves. We’ve put together some top tips for staying relaxed and having the perfect pamper evening!
1. Light some candles or get yourself a diffuserSometimes just a nice smell can make us feel instantly relaxed! Try lighting some candles or getting yourself a diffuser to make you feel more at ease. Lavender smells can be particularly useful for helping you to relax so get yourself a candle or a diffuser and switch off! If you want to go all out, Yankee Candle are still delivering...
2. Listen to some relaxing musicIf you’re feeling stressed, music can be a great tool to help you keep calm. Try playing some relaxing music and take some time to let go of your worries. Check out Spotify’s Cinematic Chillout playlist and relax with some soundtracks from your favourite films and TV shows.
3. Make a relaxing drinkWhatever beverage you find relaxing – whether it’s a glass of prosecco, a cocktail, a peppermint tea or a hot chocolate – make one in the evening to help you chill out!
For some simple cocktail recipes click here.
4. Run a bubble bathIf you’re lucky enough to own a bath, take advantage of it! Run yourself a relaxing bath with some bubbles and feel your worries melt away! Warm baths are actually very good for you physically too, as they help with muscle relaxation and soothe your skin. It’s a win, win really!
5. Take care of your skinTake some time to look after your skin by exfoliating and moisturising. Washing our hands all the time can make them dry so make sure you take care of your skin by exfoliating and moisturising. This will not only help you to feel good, but it will help to stop your skin from getting so dry. Having a good skincare routine is said to help relive stress and make you feel more energised. To find out how your beauty regime can relieve stress and anxiety, click here.
6. Hair careIf you decide to have a pamper evening, don’t forget about your hair! Especially now that we aren’t able to visit the hairdressers, even a small amount of hair oil can help to keep your hair healthy! Run some through the ends of your hair after towel-drying. Click here for more tips about how to keep your hair happy and healthy.
7. Get in some comfy clothesWhat you wear can really have an impact on how you feel! If you want to relax in the evenings make sure you wear something comfortable and cosy. It could be your favourite tracksuit bottoms or some pyjamas, whatever helps you to feel relaxed.
8. Face maskYou can’t have a pamper session without a face mask! Next time you do your weekly shop, grab some face masks – these are great for nourishing your skin and keeping you feeling fresh! If you wanted to occupy a bit more time, why not make your own! Click here for tips on how to make your own face masks at home!
9. Something to eatWhile having a pamper evening, treat yourself to some nice food!
If chocolate is your thing then get yourself a box of nice chocolates to have while you relax in the bath!
Or if you prefer something a bit more savoury grab some olives or sausage rolls, whatever you fancy!
My own personal favourite is Pick & Mix, which you can order to your door - check it out here.
10. SleepAfter your pamper evening, make sure you get a good night's sleep! Sleep is very important for staying healthy and if you aren’t getting enough of it, this can have serious effects on your physical and mental wellbeing. You need sleep so that your body can recover so make sure you are getting enough of it! Click here to find out more about why sleep is so important, from the NHS Website.
If you are feeling stressed, anxious or worried, make sure you take some time to yourself and have a pamper evening! You could even video chat with some friends and have a virtual pamper party together! Just make sure you are taking breaks and putting your mind at ease.