Celebrating International Pride Month
The month of June is International Pride Month, and we want to celebrate and support our LGBTQ+ community. Here are a few ways you can get involved:
Although most physical pride events have been cancelled or postponed, there are still lots of online events taking place that you could get involved in! You could join an online Popup Painting Party or take part in an online quiz!
1. Attend a Pride event or throw your own!
Click here to find more virtual events to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community.
If the virtual world isn’t for you, why not host your own event – you could throw your very own pride party! Get yourself some balloons and some colourful decorations, put on some music and get the party started! You could even make yourself a rainbow cake for the occasion! Click here for the recipe.
2. Be KindThe most important way you can support members of the LGBTQ+ community is to be kind and considerate – be an ally! If someone you know tells you that they are LGBTQ+, let them know that you are proud of them and happy that they have told you. Support those who are finding things difficult. Our actions can have a huge impact on how people feel so spread positivity and encourage your LGBTQ+ friends to be themselves, because that is all that matters!
3. Volunteer or DonateClick here for available roles in and around London or click here for other available roles around the country.
If you would prefer to donate to the LGBTQ+ Foundation, you can do so here.
4. Get Creative and colourfulAnother good way to celebrate is to get creative! Make some decorations to put up in your house or you could create your own rainbow flag! Getting creative is not only a great way to celebrate International Pride Month, it is a way to bring the whole family together!
6. Support LGBTQ+ Art and CultureArt and Culture provides an incredible opportunity to break down barriers, promote awareness and change perceptions, so it can be a great way to learn more about the LGBTQ+ and to celebrate International Pride Month. Although many events have been cancelled or postponed due to the Coronavirus outbreak, there are lots of ways you can take part virtually. Click here for more information.
7. Find out how you can helpMembers of the LGBTQ+ community unfortunately still face many challenges. The best way you can help to celebrate International Pride Month is to be part of the movement that helps create change and make a difference for all LGBTQ+ people around the world. Learn more about the challenges they face and find out how you can help here.
8. Get support
And don’t forget to let us know how you are celebrating International Pride Month! Get in touch by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.