Top 10 Dad-approved Cocktails
Sunday 21 June is Father’s Day and we know your Dads would love nothing more than a great tasting cocktail to celebrate! We’ve put a list together of the top 10 Dad-approved cocktails for you to make your for your Dad on this special day!
If you don’t live with your Dad or you aren’t able to see him this Father’s Day, use this as an excuse to make some cocktails for yourself!!
The Rusty Nail is a favourite with father’s and grandfather’s alike, and with only two ingredients (Scotch and Drambuie), this is the best way to treat your Dad on Father’s Day! Click here for the recipe.
1. Rusty Nail
This is the perfect cocktail for a Dad who loves his whisky! It was at one point the most famous cocktail in the world, so I’m sure it will be a favourite with the father. Click here to find out how to make it!
3. Moscow MuleThis is the perfect cocktail for a sunny day, so if it’s nice weather this Father’s Day, this delicious vodka based fruity cocktail is certainly the one to make!
Click here for the recipe.
4. Old FashionedThis is a classic cocktail, perfect for the occasion. If he likes bourbon, then treat your father to an Old Fashioned this Father’s Day! Find the recipe here.
5. Tom CollinsStill a popular favourite with Dad’s across the world, the Tom Collins is a simple but stylish cocktail, perfect to celebrate Father’s Day! Click here for the recipe.
6. Hemmingway DaiquiriAlso known as the Papa Doble, this is a popular classic cocktail! Your Dad will love this delightful drink, so it’s definitely one to try! Find the recipe here.
7. GodfatherNamed for the popular film ‘The Godfather’, this is the best drink to make for Father’s Day and very simple to recreate. Find out how to make it here.
8. Long island Iced TeaThis is the perfect cocktail for a summer’s day or a special celebration. It’s made with plenty of alcohol, so will definitely be a favourite for all the Father’s out there! Click here for the recipe.
9. Tennessee Cherry CocktailThis exciting cocktail is the perfect treat for any Dad on Father’s Day! The combination of flavours really are something special. Definitely something for a special occasion! Click here to find out how to make it.
10. Pisco sourA classic Peruvian cocktail which is a mix of both sweet and sour, and is absolutely delicious! Perfect for a relaxing Sunday afternoon! Get the recipe here.
MocktailsIf you want something nice without the alcohol for Father’s Day, check out these Dad-approved mocktails!
Ingredients:4-5 slices of cucumber
1 oz honey syrup
1.5 oz mango puree
1.5 oz fresh lime juice
1.5 oz ginger beer
Instructions:Muddle cucumber and honey syrup in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add the mango puree and lime juice and shake with ice vigorously. Strain into a copper mug. Top with ginger beer and stir.
Ingredients:50ml cold lapsang souchong tea
50ml lemon juice
1 tsp marmalade
½ – 1 tsp honey
slice dried orange (optional)
Instructions:Put a couple of glasses in the fridge to chill. Put the cold tea, lemon juice and marmalade in a cocktail shaker and stir to break down the marmalade so it starts to dissolve. Stir in the honey then add the ice.
Shake well, until the outside of the shaker feels cold, then double strain into the chilled glass. Serve as it is or garnish with a slice of dried orange, if you like.
Ingredients:1 tsp assam tea leaves (50ml tea)
few drops of vanilla extract
25ml lemon juice
3 tsp maple syrup
1 tbsp egg white
10ml pomegranate juice
Instructions:Pour 150ml boiling water over the tea leaves, stir, then strain straight away. You want a strong, but not stewed tea. Mix in the vanilla extract and leave to cool.
Pour the lemon juice, maple syrup and 50ml of the tea into a cocktail shaker. Stir the egg white with a fork to loosen it, then add 1 tbsp to the shaker. Shake well until the mixture is frothy. Add a good handful of ice and shake again.
Double strain into a glass filled with ice. Top up the pomegranate juice with water to make 20ml, then slowly pour into the glass. Let it settle for a moment – the juice will float just underneath the egg white foam.